Pennies for Our Thoughts

On payday Friday I stopped by the bank. A big bad corporate bank, not the popular community variety.

I went not to cash my check, but to pick up a stash of rolling paper.

In these recession-plagued United States, on President's Day I broke into my piggy bank. Wrapped up every darn quarter, dime, nickel and penny I could.

When we go to the Chinese Yuan later on in our lifetimes, playing Yuanapoly at McDonalds, will Lincoln's centavos and Jeffersonian nickels and FDR's dimes and Washington's quarters and JFK's half-dollar be a-round? If they scratch the heads of state off Mount Rushmore, will they allow Sacagawea's Dollar to stay? She was minted last, but is the first of this century.

A recovery might be around the corner, not until the value of the USD goes up - and right now even CDN is worth more.

So keep Hope alive. Just get rid of the Change.