Reason's Greetings

Nick Gillespie talks on his non-smartphone device
Finally got Tmobile to upgrade my device to one of them new smarty-pants phones.  It takes a while to get used, much like when I got a personal computer for the first time back in 1993 (oh how I miss you, Mac Performa 405).

Seems like a terrific thingy to simplify while optimizing your life. Meanwhile, for those of us still trying to get a life, we find any opportunity to put it to through a test drive.  Give me a reason for synching the Calendar, the Gmail, the Maps and Navigation -- and still have a cup of joe in between we pump gas.

So I found a tweet by Reason Magazine announcing an event at their brand new digs downtown featuring one of their bloggers, former MTV News guy Kurt Loder, and punched it all up into my Samsung Gravity to lead me to the promise land.

Stopped by Trader Joes to buy some non-GMO cereal, the kind that doesn't need a General Motors (or Mills) bailout. I parked behind some Russian dive bar co-owned by hockey star Alex Ovechkin, and lo and behold the first person I see at the place is the awesome young news anchor Alyona



RT America hosts Alyona, Lauren, and Deborah
Nick Gillespie
Kurt Loder
The Southern Avenger, Jack Hunter
Slate & MSNBC's Dave Weigel
GoRemy

Liam Gallagher for John Lennon's birthday....met Paul Gallagher instead...