Reunion for Spaceboy

Back in my ol' hometown there was a massive arcade paradise called Galaxy World, right across from the White Castle on Bloomingdale Road. I don't think the joint exists anymore. But back in my formative years, its strobe lights and pinball wizardry were the backdrop to several coming-of-age moments.

One epiphany was the realization that I loved observing my peers. Then in the fall of '95 I cranked out my first screenplay. Wrote, directed, and cameoed. Thats why I mentioned in a previous post about the Amy Heckerling flick - which beats off my amnesia, inspires me a bit, and which features this great scene:

MR HALL: Ladies. So, does anyone have any further thoughts on Cher's oration? Elton? Comments?

ELTON: Yeah, I can't find my Cranberries CD. I've gotta do to the Quad before somebody snags it.

MR HALL: I'm afraid I can't permit that. Any further insights?

TRAVIS: I had an insight, Mr. Hall.

MR HALL: I'm all ears.

TRAVIS: OK, like, the way I feel about the Rolling Stones is the way mykids are going to feel about Nine Inch Nails, so I really shouldn't torment my Mom anymore, huh?

MR HALL: Yes. Well, it's a little off the subject of Haiti, but tolerance is always a good lesson, even when it comes out of nowhere.


(YouTube commenter I) I was friggin' 5 years old when this song came out... I can swear I was born in the wrong generation... hell, I even told my parents that...
(YouTube commenter II) Dude I know. I was four back then. I wish I grew up in the 90s too.