Cable Access of Evil

Tonight mercilessly marks the final State of the Union speech of non-curious George's tenure.

In honor of this occasion I thought it'd share this clip of him singing U2's "Sunday Bloody Sunday", which I would've entitled Burning Bush:
Dubya's father made his own cameo during U2's ZooTV tour back here with this speech, blissfully spliced up by sound-collagers the Emergency Broadcast Network. EBN and another Bay Area collective of culture jammers, Negativland, were huge influences of mine both aesthetically and legally speaking after learning a thing or (U)two about copyright and wrong.

Yesterday also marked the end of Sundance '08, where Bono & Co. were rolling out the red carpet for their new concert film. When I see the film's trailer, I'm reminded that no matter how annoyingly pretentious they are today they still put on a great show -- which is why they hit their creative nadir in the 90s with the ZooTV tour and the under-appreciated Pop-Mart campaign, which for me was the last time they were bono fidely cool.

"Take me to your leader!
Uh, on second thought....nevermind."