Encircling City Blocks


Originally uploaded by mockturtle
I remember the first time I met George Carlin in person. It was when he was a guest on TDS at their old studios on W 54th (now occupied by the Colbert Report). Somehow I had befriended a Production Coordinator on the show who invited me down on a Thursday and squeezed me on the side of the small stage, where the PAs and Canadian groupies hang out.

Afterwards she asked me bluntly: "So when are you gonna join us?"

I didn't know what to say. Or what to write - the blockade was crippling. Not exactly a body of work to write home about. I wanted to say "When you invite me..." But now I know: It's time to write this ship.

Time to get my toolbox out. Oh snap! Do you know where it is?

Speaking of TDS and housing and work, lemme tell ya about Ramin's noodles...